Department of Secretarial Practice
VISION: In Pursuit of Academic Excellence.
MISSION: Striving for Success.
- At the end of the programme a student of Secretarial Practice is expected to acquire a fairly reasonable competence in the following areas:
- Secretarial skills and Soft-Skills for performing job-related tasks.
- Use English confidently for both spoken and written communication as well as be able to handle correspondence independently.
- Make presentation using audio-visual aids.
- Gain knowledge of basic Accountancy
- Knowledgeable in handling accounting package like Tally.ERP9 with GST.
- Develop an understanding of Stock Market and Personal Investment Planning, Computation of Personal Tax
- Able to operate the following Window-based Computer Applications- MS-Word, MS-Excel, Advanced Excel, MS PowerPoint, Video making in PPT, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop CC & Multi Media in general.
- Knowledge of Google Apps
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES:
- Able to work harmoniously as a contributing member of a team to achieve organizational goals.
- Competent to present effectively using Audio- visual aids
- Students acquire adequate knowledge of computer applications
- They are able to work as an Accountant since they learn basics of Accountancy and Tally with GST
- Knowledge of Soft skills helps them to get priority in acquiring jobs
- Language based skills makes the students to communicate confidently and work efficiently