Besant Womens College has a campus area of 1.02 acres.The campus is centrally situated at Kodialbail in Mangalore City, which is an area teeming with students due to the many colleges which are located there. The campus has well furnished modern buildings, playground, indoor games room and other facilities.
The campus is located along a main road and is easily accessible by public transport Commercial complexes in the vicinity of the college enable the students to meet all their day-to-day requirements.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- Commerce Lab
- Computer Lab
- Language Lab
- Modern Library
- Audio-Visual Room
- Sports facilities and Gym
- Canteen & Midday Meal
- Automated linking with N-UST
- Full equipped FND lab and Home Science lab
- Rest room
- The maintenance committee headed by a maintenance officer supervises the regular maintenance of physical infrastructure of the campus.
- Full time sweepers are appointed for cleaning and maintenance of the buildings.
- A full time electrician is appointed for electrical maintenance.
- The maintenance of computers, lab equipment’s, water purifiers, gym equipments, CCTV cameras, power backup systems and fire extinguishers is done as per need through outside technicians. The request for any kind of repair is to be made by the Heads to the maintenance officer.
- Pest control in the library, Plumbing and Security services are carried out by outside agencies on need basis.
a. Utilization of Support facility:
facilities available in the college for sports is utilized fully. The
facilities available in the sister institutions
can also be used by giving a written request.
Computer laboratories to be shared by the Departments of Secretarial Practice,
Computer Science, Data Processing and Mathematics based on a timetable. An
English Lab to be used for enhancing the English language skills.
Operational Procedures for handling various chemical, equipments and
instruments are to be strictly followed in the Physics and Chemistry labs by
the students and staff of B.Sc and B.Sc.
Stock register consisting of irreparable or unusable items is
maintained and updated by the heads of
the departments, inspected by the IQAC
and handed over to the Maintenance
officer at the end of the year. Purchases from UGC grants are separately mentioned.
equipment, chemicals and instruments are discarded appropriately.
deviation is brought to the notice of
- Every student is given two Library Cards and can borrow books every week.
- Non return of Library book on time will attract the applicable fine.
- The student must show their Identity card on entry into the and sign in the register.
- Every student can access online journals and magazines through computer terminals available in the Library for a nominal payment.
- All students are free to use the central reading rooms available in the library, which are open from 8.15 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. for reading newspapers, magazines, journals and also for reference work.
- Book bank and Photocopying facilities are available
- The department of Computer Science maintains all computers and peripherals.
- All computer laboratories are allotted to different classes based on timetable.
- Outdated computers are disposed as per the norms laid by the Management.
- The requirements of computers are processed through Department of Computer Science
- Classrooms are allotted as per the student strength in each class.
- The Student Representatives are responsible to supervise the cleanliness of the class room, maintenance of furniture and projectors. The requirements are reported to the maintenance officer through their class mentors.
- The cleanliness of the campus is supervised by the office bearers of the student Council who report to the Student Welfare Officer.